I get home from errands this morning, put away groceries, pop an Against the Grain Sesame Bagel into the toaster oven, and sit down with my coffee at my laptop. I’m scrolling through my feed on Facebook and ‘lo and behold my best friend posted something new on her blog. Of course I clicked on the link right away. I may be behind in keeping up with my gluten-free blogger friends, but I manage to keep up with Stick’s blogs – This Side of Typical and Devilishly Idle. The former is about navigating the world with her son, who was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder last year. The latter is all about her creative side. She does some pretty awesome stuff and I’m not just saying that because she’s my best friend. She’s creative as hell and I love when we’re able to be creative together. We tend to feed off each other.
Her post this morning was about the Memetastic Award she received from another blogger. The award was started by jillsmo of Yeah. Good Times. I don’t know jillsmo. I just see her comment’s on Stick’s blog. As you can imagine from the subject matter of her blogs, Stick and I run in different blogospheres. Part of the award is awarding 5 other bloggers with the award. There I am on the list of awardees. I’m thinking, “Well, shit.” And think of a redneck drawl when you read “shit.” The award is all in good fun so I’m running with it.
Here are the rules of the award that I have to follow. Be aware that I’m copying and pasting it as Stick has it on her blog, which she got from jillsmo’s blog. I can cuss like they can, I just try real hard not to. Even if I did say, “shit” twice already. Make that three times. Third time’s a charm.
1. You must proudly display the absolutely disgusting graphic that I have created for these purposes (put it in your post, you don’t have to put it in your sidebar, I think that would seriously be asking too much). It’s so bad that not only did I use COMIC SANS, but there’s even a little fucking jumping, celebrating kitten down there at the bottom.It’s horrifying! But its presence in your award celebration is crucial to the memetastic process we’re creating here. If you need a higher resolution version… I totally have one!!
2. You must list 5 things about yourself, and 4 of them must be bold-faced lies. Just make some shit up, we’ll never know; one of them has to be true, though. Of course, nobody will ever know the difference, so we’re just on the honor system here. I trust you. Except for the 4 that you lied about, you lying bastards! But don’t go crazy trying to think of stuff, you’ll see by the example I’ve set below that we’re not really interested in quality here.
3. You must pass this award on to 5 bloggers that you either like or don’t like or don’t really have much of an opinion about. I don’t care who you pick, and nobody needs to know why. I mean, you can give a reason if you want, but I don’t really care.
4. If you fail to follow any of the above rules, I will fucking hunt your ass down and harass you incessantly until you either block me on Twitter or ban my IP address from visiting your blog. I don’t know if you can actually do that last thing, but I will become so annoying to you that you will actually go out and hire an IT professional to train you on how to ban IP addresses just so that I’ll leave you alone. I’m serious. I’m going to do these things. Starting with the 5 of you I’m about to pass this award on to.
Four lies and truth?
1. I have a green thumb.
2. I’m a sci-fi junkie
3. Winter is my favorite season.
4. I married Prince Charming.
5. I’m a ninja.
I’m guessing I can’t give the award back to Stick, and she gave one to Silly Sissy. So, my dear bloggers, I’m awarding you 5 (in no particular order) with this fabulous Memetastic Award just because you are all awesome.
1. Andrew of Eating Rules
2. Brittany of Real Sustenance
3. Iris of The Daily Dietribe
4. Heidi of Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom
5. Shirley of gfe – gluten-free easily